[Logcheck-devel] package uploads

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Wed Jul 26 02:56:05 UTC 2006

Hey martin,

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 02:32:03PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> Right now, Todd is in charge of uploading new releases. I have
> 1.2.47 ready and would like it in unstable soon, but I have been on
> the road and not able to link up with Todd.
>
> Thus I want to ask here about ideas how to handle releases in the
> future. Would a working model be an announcement if the intent to
> upload to the mailing list, and then a release a couple hours later?
> How many hours?

It depends.  In the past, we've subjected major changes to some testing
(via private apt repository) before uploading, though our recent patches have
been minor, mostly involving rule tweaking.  That said, of course the best
testing is to get it out to unstable.

For minor changes, I'd be happy with something involving "release" in the
subject 2 hours before upload.  Major changes to the code/scripts should get
some testing first, I'd prefer 24 hrs.

Oh, and feel free to add yourself to Uploaders: if you've not already.

Cheers,
--
Todd Troxell
http://rapidpacket.com/~xtat