[Logcheck-devel] Has server/kernel taken over workstation/kernel?

Frédéric Brière fbriere at fbriere.net
Sat Jul 18 11:22:37 UTC 2009

martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org> wrote:
> contain the word "workstation", so the file
> ignore.d.workstation/kernel could not have been affected.

Indeed, it wasn't.  What I'm saying is that every rule in workstation
was *copied* into server, which doesn't make a lot of sense.  Now you've
got 130+ sets of duplicate rules, which are not identical to boot, since
some changes were applied to server but not to workstation.

Did you truly mean to copy those rules?  I don't mind giving you a hand
in rooting them out, but we'd have to agree on the problem first.

--
<dark> Turns out that grep returns error code 1 when there are no matches.
       I KNEW that.  Why did it take me half an hour?