[Ltrace-devel] ltrace on ppc32 [Was: Re: ltrace is_weak patch]

Sharyathi Nagesh sharyath at in.ibm.com
Tue Aug 29 05:44:28 UTC 2006

> My funky English doesn't do a good service here. I meant it's done on
> top of my fedora fix, not that it's aiming to destroy the fix :)
>
> > PM
>
> PM

Petr
	Irrespective of the verbosity you were very diligent in
	conveying the point :)

	These are my observation:
	please go through and let me know of your opinion.

	o We have observed a few of out bugs on ppc64 getting fixed
 	because of the is_weak condition. Since as of now there is
	no other way to distinguish __gmon_start__ from library calls
	for the time being this patch is solving the problem. Can this
patch be pushed upstream soon ?

  	o Please consider the patch I have submitted along with is_weak
	patch when pushing it upstream.

	o It may be good idea to look into ptrace interface as I am
	looking into a few gdb issues which on preliminary
        analysis looks like problem with ptrace interface in ppc64.

Regards
Sharyathi Nagesh