[Ltrace-devel] cross compiling ltrace

Marc Kleine-Budde mkl at pengutronix.de
Thu Feb 4 17:47:45 UTC 2010

Joe Damato wrote:
>> Yesterday I started to autotoolize the latest ltrace.git
>
> Thanks for your work on this! I think it might be interesting to try
> to merge a bunch of the changes floating around the mailing list the
> last few months (insert more noise about my libdl branch here) to make
> it easier for Juan to merge to master when he has the time.

Feel free to use my branch, I'll not force-update it.

>> It's in the "dev/autotools" branch in my tree:
>> git://git.pengutronix.de/git/mkl/ltrace.git dev/autotools
>> http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=mkl/ltrace.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dev/autotools
>>
>> It compiles and works natively on powerpc, i386 and x86_64. Cross
>> compilation has been tested from x86_64 to arm and powerpc.
>>
>> It passes "make distcheck", this means it can create ready-to-compile
>> tarballs.
>>
>> For those who want to test, checkout the dev/autotools branch from my
>> tree, then the usual:
>>
>> ./autogen && ./configure && make && make install
>
> I on an amd64 Debian Lenny box and I got the following output:
>
> [joe at sloth:/home/joe/code/ltrace]% ./autogen.sh
>
> ----------
> autoreconf
> ----------
>
> configure.ac:3: error: Autoconf version 2.65 or higher is required
> configure.ac:3: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 63
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 63
>

> My autoconf version is 2.61.
>
> I changed configure.ac manually just to see what would happen
> (probably a bad idea!) and set the version to 2.61. It failed with the
> following errors:

I think I don't use any 2.65 specific stuff, but I used a libtool-2
macro. I'll fix the branch and test on ubuntu-8.04

[..]

> Let me know if you'd like me to try anything else.

Sure,

Marc
--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |