[Ltrace-devel] current ltrace testing status

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 10:34:02 UTC 2010

17.11.2010 05:11, Joe Damato wrote:
> I managed to get access to a few different architectures via the GCC
> compile farm to test ltrace. These are my findings.
>
> Architectures I could not get access to and have not tested:
> s390

I have an access to this, will try it before weekend.

> Architectures I have access to but ltrace does not compile:
> ppc32

I had a fix for this higher up my "pmachata" branch.  I extracted the
fix to a "ppc" branch and converted it to a pull request.
https://github.com/pmachata/ltrace/commits/ppc

> x86 - 2 test failures (parameters.exp tests)
Logs would be welcome, but I suspect these are known-wrong, meaning
always have been buggy, but now there are tests for it.

> ia64 - 4 test failures (parameters.exp and libdl)
> ppc64 - 43 test failures (my ppc64 build was EXTREMELY hacky and may
> not have been done properly, this could use double checking by some
> one with more ppc64 experience)

There's a couple failures in parameters.exp on your master, but no such
disaster.

> It is unclear to me which of these builds previously failed and which
> failures are new. I can go through and check Juan's master against
> each of these architectures and see if things got better, worse, or
> stayed the same. If things got better or stayed the same, I'd be
> inclined to just release what we have and then include bugfixes in a
> soon to follow minor revision.

I'd be inclined to support this.  Ltrace is in better shape now than it
was a month ago.

PM