[Ltrace-devel] Pulling in patches

Marc Kleine-Budde mkl at pengutronix.de
Thu Oct 7 07:07:20 UTC 2010

On 10/07/2010 08:44 AM, Joe Damato wrote:
> Hi everyone -
>
> I pulled a bunch of patches into my ltrace github repository
> (http://github.com/ice799/ltrace).
>
> I've included some comments below about my first quick look at each
> patch set with some comments for the authors (CC'd). If anyone out
> there feels like reviewing some code, please do, I can use help
> reading all this code! My libdl changes could definitely use a code
> review if anyone has the time.
>
> I think these changes are extensive enough to warrant a version bump
> to 0.6.0. I'll carve an 0.6.0 branch on my github repository and start
> merging people's code in. Once everything is merged in and it builds I
> can pull that into the official ltrace repository and we can figure
> out how to get it released.
>
> ARM Thumb-2 support:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/439a7da3347fcaf1c00338ab9572afb135664e9f
> I don't know anything about ARM, nor do I have access to an ARM system
> to test this on. That said this commit is pretty simple so unless
> anyone objects, I'm going to pull this in.
>
> Support for cris:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/9f723e91d7e8e65069ca4d298e725a7174c98768
> I don't know anything about cris, nor do I have access to a cris
> system to test this on. I have yet to read this code, but I will take
> a look as best I can. These patches are missing a ChangeLog entry,
> though.
>
> Edgar: Can you create a ChangeLog entry for this change and I'll pull that in?
>
> MIPS,arm, x86_64 fixes:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/163765561621a9127cee...db25b96df7eee118ac8d
> I don't know anything about MIPS, nor do I have access to a MIPS
> system to this on. I haven't had a chance to take a look at this, but
> I will take a look as best I can. These patches are missing a
> ChangeLog entry, though.
>
> Arnaud: Can you submit a ChangeLog entry for these changes and I'll pull it in?
>
> Autotools support:
> http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/07fd38bd67b68d980189...86d0a88e577eded829ef
> I haven't had a chance to look over these changes, but I will take a
> look. These should be useful to optionally support libunwind in my
> patchset.
>
> Marc: Can you submit a ChangeLog entry for these changes and I'll pull it in?

If the code works and you're happy with it, I'd like to squash the 4
topmost patches... makes the history clean. Regarding the Changelog: it
can be (at least from my patches) directly from the git commits.

There are scripts that format the git commits into ChangeLog compatible
format.

> libdl support: http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/163765561621a9127cee...0ef227193a5e6edc2003
> I've been using this patchset quite a bit and it seems to be OK. I'd
> love it if some one else could take a look and review these changes. I
> forgot to create a ChangeLog entry for these, so I'll do that and then
> try to merge these in.
>
> If I don't hear back about ChangeLog entries for the patch sets
> missing them by the time I'm ready to merge their code in, I'll go
> ahead and create the ChangeLog entries and try to summarize the
> changes and credit the authors as best I can.
>
> Questions, comments, gripes, or grievances?

cheers, Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |