[Ltrace-devel] Pulling in patches

Joe Damato ice799 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 06:44:01 UTC 2010

Hi everyone -

I pulled a bunch of patches into my ltrace github repository
(http://github.com/ice799/ltrace).

I've included some comments below about my first quick look at each
patch set with some comments for the authors (CC'd). If anyone out
there feels like reviewing some code, please do, I can use help
reading all this code! My libdl changes could definitely use a code
review if anyone has the time.

I think these changes are extensive enough to warrant a version bump
to 0.6.0. I'll carve an 0.6.0 branch on my github repository and start
merging people's code in. Once everything is merged in and it builds I
can pull that into the official ltrace repository and we can figure
out how to get it released.

ARM Thumb-2 support:
http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/439a7da3347fcaf1c00338ab9572afb135664e9f
I don't know anything about ARM, nor do I have access to an ARM system
to test this on. That said this commit is pretty simple so unless
anyone objects, I'm going to pull this in.

Support for cris:
http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/commit/9f723e91d7e8e65069ca4d298e725a7174c98768
I don't know anything about cris, nor do I have access to a cris
system to test this on. I have yet to read this code, but I will take
a look as best I can. These patches are missing a ChangeLog entry,
though.

Edgar: Can you create a ChangeLog entry for this change and I'll pull that in?

MIPS,arm, x86_64 fixes:
http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/163765561621a9127cee...db25b96df7eee118ac8d
I don't know anything about MIPS, nor do I have access to a MIPS
system to this on. I haven't had a chance to take a look at this, but
I will take a look as best I can. These patches are missing a
ChangeLog entry, though.

Arnaud: Can you submit a ChangeLog entry for these changes and I'll pull it in?

Autotools support:
http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/07fd38bd67b68d980189...86d0a88e577eded829ef
I haven't had a chance to look over these changes, but I will take a
look. These should be useful to optionally support libunwind in my
patchset.

Marc: Can you submit a ChangeLog entry for these changes and I'll pull it in?

libdl support: http://github.com/ice799/ltrace/compare/163765561621a9127cee...0ef227193a5e6edc2003
I've been using this patchset quite a bit and it seems to be OK. I'd
love it if some one else could take a look and review these changes. I
forgot to create a ChangeLog entry for these, so I'll do that and then
try to merge these in.

If I don't hear back about ChangeLog entries for the patch sets
missing them by the time I'm ready to merge their code in, I'll go
ahead and create the ChangeLog entries and try to summarize the
changes and credit the authors as best I can.

Questions, comments, gripes, or grievances?

joe