[Ltrace-devel] pmachata/revamp on s390

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed May 30 18:24:43 UTC 2012

Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> writes:

> I tested this on s390x, and straight s390x as well as s390x/s390 tracing
> seem to work well (two fixlets were necessary, both are now on master).
> The test case parameters.exp is very broken on both, but I'll take care
> of that on the revamp branch.

pmachata/revamp now holds fixes for s390x support.  The test suite now
passes cleanly on all three thinkable combinations.  Several test cases
were added to parameters.exp to cover s390 specifics.

So at this moment, i386, x86_64, ppc{32,64} and s390{,x} all work well
and have significantly improved parameter passing support (most
importantly, we can now pass arguments that don't fit into platform
long, such as doubles on i386 and small structures on x86_64 and s390*).

I consider that code stable enough.  Actually that's been true for at
least 3 months now, but after implementing back ends for three arches,
I'm confident enough that it works well.  I'll merge this to master in
about a week, unless there are convincing arguments to the opposite.

Thank you,
PM