[Ltrace-devel] ChangeLog, NEWS

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 22:47:44 UTC 2012

Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> writes:

> ltrace has historically kept a GNU-style ChangeLog.  I don't think it
> makes much sense these days.  If anyone wishes to look through history,
> they can use gitk or git log.  Does anyone have an arguments in favor of
> keeping ChangeLog?
>
> On the other hand, ltrace never had NEWS file, which would capture new
> features that are interesting from user's perspective.  This, on the
> other hand, would definitely make sense.

I got one personal e-mail supporting this position, otherwise nothing.
I have now implemented the proposal.  ChangeLog is gone, and there is
now a NEWS file (which is an org-mode[1] document).  I filled in 0.6
retroactively as well.

I also updated README and added a Linux-style list of contributors,
CREDITS.  If anyone dislikes the way that I described them in CREDITS,
they should speak up.

Thanks,
PM

[1] http://orgmode.org/