[Ltrace-devel] ChangeLog, NEWS

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:16:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:
> Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> ltrace has historically kept a GNU-style ChangeLog.  I don't think it
>> makes much sense these days.  If anyone wishes to look through history,
>> they can use gitk or git log.  Does anyone have an arguments in favor of
>> keeping ChangeLog?
>>
>> On the other hand, ltrace never had NEWS file, which would capture new
>> features that are interesting from user's perspective.  This, on the
>> other hand, would definitely make sense.
>
> I got one personal e-mail supporting this position, otherwise nothing.
> I have now implemented the proposal.  ChangeLog is gone, and there is
> now a NEWS file (which is an org-mode[1] document).  I filled in 0.6
> retroactively as well.
>
> I also updated README and added a Linux-style list of contributors,
> CREDITS.  If anyone dislikes the way that I described them in CREDITS,
> they should speak up.

Happy bayram to all (celebrating Festival of Sacrifice / Eid al-Adha),

Thanks for keeping up a credits file!
I would like to see something added like "Fixes and testing for mips
arch" in my credits section [1].

What about a MAINTAINERS file like in the Linux kernel development?

What is the status of the various archs for ltrace-0.7.0?
Is there a file shipped in the GIT tree listing such an information?

Thanks for all the people contributing to ltrace-0.7.0git!

Kind Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/ltrace.git;a=blob;f=CREDITS;hb=HEAD#l40