[Multiarch-devel] multiarch fixes in debian-experimental branch

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Sep 7 09:15:34 UTC 2013

07.09.2013 10:23, Steve Langasek wrote:
[]
> The error message above shows that the dependency on python:any isn't
> *satisfied* - not that it isn't *parsed*.
>
>> It might be also some postinst going bust earlier, or version skew
>> preventing parallel versions of multiarch packages being installed.
>
> That could be.  Where can we see a full log of the failure?

There's nothing more on this in the log.

I just rerun the same sbuild command as I used before, based on
qemu_1.6.0+dfsg-1.dsc with s/python/python:any/ in debian/control,
sbuild ran on current wheezy, against current sid chroot:

  sbuild -As -d unstable -j10 ../qemu_1.6.0+dfsg-1.dsc

The resulting log is at:

  http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/tmp/qemu_1.6.0+dfsg-1_amd64-20130907-1305.build

The only interesting piece in the log is the one I already provided --
dpkg complaining about unsatisfying python:any.

In the sources.list of this chroot I have only one line --
http://http.debian.net/debian unstable main.

Here's the current list of packages installed in the chroot:

||/ Name                            Version               Architecture Description
+++-===============================-=====================-============-===============================================================================
ii  apt                             0.9.11.2              amd64        commandline package manager
ii  base-files                      7.2                   amd64        Debian base system miscellaneous files
ii  base-passwd                     3.5.28                amd64        Debian base system master password and group files
ii  bash                            4.2+dfsg-1            amd64        GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  binutils                        2.23.52.20130828-1    amd64        GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities
ii  bsdutils                        1:2.20.1-5.5          amd64        Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite
ii  build-essential                 11.6                  amd64        Informational list of build-essential packages
ii  bzip2                           1.0.6-5               amd64        high-quality block-sorting file compressor - utilities
ii  ccache                          3.1.9-1               amd64        Compiler cache for fast recompilation of C/C++ code
ii  coreutils                       8.21-1                amd64        GNU core utilities
ii  cpp                             4:4.8.1-3             amd64        GNU C preprocessor (cpp)
ii  cpp-4.8                         4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU C preprocessor
ii  dash                            0.5.7-3               amd64        POSIX-compliant shell
ii  debconf                         1.5.51                all          Debian configuration management system
ii  debconf-i18n                    1.5.51                all          full internationalization support for debconf
ii  debfoster                       2.7-1.2               amd64        Install only wanted Debian packages
ii  debian-archive-keyring          2012.4                all          GnuPG archive keys of the Debian archive
ii  debianutils                     4.4                   amd64        Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
ii  diffutils                       1:3.2-8               amd64        File comparison utilities
ii  dpkg                            1.17.1                amd64        Debian package management system
ii  dpkg-dev                        1.17.1                all          Debian package development tools
ii  e2fslibs:amd64                  1.42.8-1              amd64        ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries
ii  e2fsprogs                       1.42.8-1              amd64        ext2/ext3/ext4 file system utilities
ii  fakeroot                        1.19-2                amd64        tool for simulating superuser privileges
ii  findutils                       4.4.2-6               amd64        utilities for finding files--find, xargs
ii  g++                             4:4.8.1-3             amd64        GNU C++ compiler
ii  g++-4.8                         4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU C++ compiler
ii  gcc                             4:4.8.1-3             amd64        GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-4.7-base:amd64              4.7.3-7               amd64        GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
ii  gcc-4.8                         4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-4.8-base:amd64              4.8.1-10              amd64        GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
ii  gnupg                           1.4.14-1              amd64        GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
ii  gpgv                            1.4.14-1              amd64        GNU privacy guard - signature verification tool
ii  grep                            2.14-3                amd64        GNU grep, egrep and fgrep
ii  gzip                            1.6-2                 amd64        GNU compression utilities
ii  hostname                        3.14                  amd64        utility to set/show the host name or domain name
ii  initscripts                     2.88dsf-43            amd64        scripts for initializing and shutting down the system
ii  insserv                         1.14.0-5              amd64        boot sequence organizer using LSB init.d script dependency information
ii  libacl1:amd64                   2.2.52-1              amd64        Access control list shared library
ii  libapt-pkg4.12:amd64            0.9.11.2              amd64        package management runtime library
ii  libasan0:amd64                  4.8.1-10              amd64        AddressSanitizer -- a fast memory error detector
ii  libatomic1:amd64                4.8.1-10              amd64        support library providing __atomic built-in functions
ii  libattr1:amd64                  1:2.4.47-1            amd64        Extended attribute shared library
ii  libblkid1:amd64                 2.20.1-5.5            amd64        block device id library
ii  libbz2-1.0:amd64                1.0.6-5               amd64        high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
ii  libc-bin                        2.17-92+b1            amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries
ii  libc-dev-bin                    2.17-92+b1            amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Development binaries
ii  libc6:amd64                     2.17-92+b1            amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev:amd64                 2.17-92+b1            amd64        Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
ii  libcap2:amd64                   1:2.22-1.2            amd64        support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
ii  libclass-isa-perl               0.36-5                all          report the search path for a class's ISA tree
ii  libcloog-isl4:amd64             0.18.0-2              amd64        Chunky Loop Generator (runtime library)
ii  libcomerr2:amd64                1.42.8-1              amd64        common error description library
ii  libdb5.1:amd64                  5.1.29-7              amd64        Berkeley v5.1 Database Libraries [runtime]
ii  libdpkg-perl                    1.17.1                all          Dpkg perl modules
ii  libgc1c2:amd64                  1:7.2d-5              amd64        conservative garbage collector for C and C++
ii  libgcc-4.8-dev:amd64            4.8.1-10              amd64        GCC support library (development files)
ii  libgcc1:amd64                   1:4.8.1-10            amd64        GCC support library
ii  libgdbm3:amd64                  1.8.3-12              amd64        GNU dbm database routines (runtime version)
ii  libgmp10:amd64                  2:5.1.2+dfsg-2        amd64        Multiprecision arithmetic library
ii  libgomp1:amd64                  4.8.1-10              amd64        GCC OpenMP (GOMP) support library
ii  libisl10:amd64                  0.11.2-1              amd64        manipulating sets and relations of integer points bounded by linear constraints
ii  libitm1:amd64                   4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU Transactional Memory Library
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl          1.05-7+b2             amd64        module using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
ii  liblzma5:amd64                  5.1.1alpha+20120614-2 amd64        XZ-format compression library
ii  libmount1                       2.20.1-5.5            amd64        block device id library
ii  libmpc3:amd64                   1.0.1-1               amd64        multiple precision complex floating-point library
ii  libmpfr4:amd64                  3.1.1-1               amd64        multiple precision floating-point computation
ii  libncurses5:amd64               5.9+20130608-1        amd64        shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libpam-modules:amd64            1.1.3-9               amd64        Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-modules-bin              1.1.3-9               amd64        Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM - helper binaries
ii  libpam-runtime                  1.1.3-9               all          Runtime support for the PAM library
ii  libpam0g:amd64                  1.1.3-9               amd64        Pluggable Authentication Modules library
ii  libpcre3:amd64                  1:8.31-2              amd64        Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
ii  libquadmath0:amd64              4.8.1-10              amd64        GCC Quad-Precision Math Library
ii  libreadline6:amd64              6.2+dfsg-0.1          amd64        GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
ii  libselinux1:amd64               2.1.13-2              amd64        SELinux runtime shared libraries
ii  libsemanage-common              2.1.10-2              all          Common files for SELinux policy management libraries
ii  libsemanage1:amd64              2.1.10-2              amd64        SELinux policy management library
ii  libsepol1:amd64                 2.1.9-2               amd64        SELinux library for manipulating binary security policies
ii  libslang2:amd64                 2.2.4-15              amd64        S-Lang programming library - runtime version
ii  libss2:amd64                    1.42.8-1              amd64        command-line interface parsing library
ii  libstdc++-4.8-dev:amd64         4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU Standard C++ Library v3 (development files)
ii  libstdc++6:amd64                4.8.1-10              amd64        GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libswitch-perl                  2.16-2                all          switch statement for Perl
ii  libtext-charwidth-perl          0.04-7+b2             amd64        get display widths of characters on the terminal
ii  libtext-iconv-perl              1.7-5+b1              amd64        converts between character sets in Perl
ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl           0.06-7                all          internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
ii  libtimedate-perl                1.2000-1              all          collection of modules to manipulate date/time information
ii  libtinfo5:amd64                 5.9+20130608-1        amd64        shared low-level terminfo library for terminal handling
ii  libtsan0:amd64                  4.8.1-10              amd64        ThreadSanitizer -- a Valgrind-based detector of data races (runtime)
ii  libusb-0.1-4:amd64              2:0.1.12-23.2         amd64        userspace USB programming library
ii  libustr-1.0-1:amd64             1.0.4-3               amd64        Micro string library: shared library
ii  libuuid1:amd64                  2.20.1-5.5            amd64        Universally Unique ID library
ii  linux-libc-dev:amd64            3.10.7-1              amd64        Linux support headers for userspace development
ii  login                           1:4.1.5.1-1           amd64        system login tools
ii  lsb-base                        4.1+Debian12          all          Linux Standard Base 4.1 init script functionality
ii  make                            3.81-8.2              amd64        An utility for Directing compilation.
ii  mawk                            1.3.3-17              amd64        a pattern scanning and text processing language
ii  mount                           2.20.1-5.5            amd64        Tools for mounting and manipulating filesystems
ii  multiarch-support               2.17-92+b1            amd64        Transitional package to ensure multiarch compatibility
ii  ncurses-base                    5.9+20130608-1        all          basic terminal type definitions
ii  ncurses-bin                     5.9+20130608-1        amd64        terminal-related programs and man pages
ii  passwd                          1:4.1.5.1-1           amd64        change and administer password and group data
ii  patch                           2.7.1-3               amd64        Apply a diff file to an original
ii  perl                            5.18.1-3              amd64        Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
ii  perl-base                       5.18.1-3              amd64        minimal Perl system
ii  perl-modules                    5.18.1-3              all          Core Perl modules
ii  readline-common                 6.2+dfsg-0.1          all          GNU readline and history libraries, common files
ii  sed                             4.2.2-2               amd64        The GNU sed stream editor
ii  sensible-utils                  0.0.9                 all          Utilities for sensible alternative selection
ii  sysv-rc                         2.88dsf-43            all          System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
ii  sysvinit                        2.88dsf-43            amd64        System-V-like init utilities
ii  sysvinit-utils                  2.88dsf-43            amd64        System-V-like utilities
ii  tar                             1.26+dfsg-8           amd64        GNU version of the tar archiving utility
ii  tzdata                          2013d-1               all          time zone and daylight-saving time data
ii  util-linux                      2.20.1-5.5            amd64        Miscellaneous system utilities
ii  xz-utils                        5.1.1alpha+20120614-2 amd64        XZ-format compression utilities
ii  zlib1g:amd64                    1:1.2.8.dfsg-1        amd64        compression library - runtime

Overall, I had no time to look at this in more details yet, because
I returned from vacation just a few days ago and have a large backlog
(which included uploading new upstream qemu to debian).

Thanks,

/mjt