[Net-ssleay-devel] Development Release 1.31_01

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Jul 11 01:07:12 UTC 2007

Hi Florian,

On Sunday 08 July 2007 23:57, Florian Ragwitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 05:23:38PM +1000, Mike McCauley wrote:
> > 2. Makefile.PL requires Test::NoWarnings, which is not part of the
> > standard ActiveState ActivePerl 5.8 distro on Windows.
> > This results in a report of Test::NoWarnings being mssing during 'perl
> > Makefile.PL'
>
> OK - Let's just remove the build_requires() calls in Makefile.PL for all
> the modules we use conditionally in the test suite (Test::NoWarnings is
> one of those).

This didnt work very well.

> > 3. There is something wrong with the MakeMaker behaviour under Windows.

> Although I'm not a win32 guy I'm pretty sure this used to work. Can you
> afford to spend some time on debugging this? I don't have a win32
> machine around.

Done and fixed (it was a different cause):

	- Fix linking problems on Windows. Tested with VC++ 6.0, Shining Light
	0.9.7L on Windows Server 2003 with ActivePerl 5.8.8.820. Also tested
	with OpenSSL 0.9.8e compiled from source.
	- Unable to get working systems when compiling with MS Visual Studio
	Express 2005. Contributions requested. This may be relevant:
	  http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?postid=261&replyto=2542
	- Fixed a number of minor compile warnings on Windows
	- Updated README.Win32 to define building procedures on Windows
	- Fixed incorrect test failure reports in 08_external.
	- Add parens to function calls in Makefile.PL to prevent
	warnings with some perls.
	- Tested on Sparc Solaris 8, Sparc Solaris 10, OpenSuSE 10.2 x64,
	OpenSuSE 10.0 x86, FreeBSD 6.0 x86, Ubuntu 6.10, Fedora Core 6 x86
	- Changed type of SSL_set_info_callback args to stop compiler warnings
	on Windows

> I think we should consider removing auto_include as well. It's pretty
> broken anyway and it has no value as we skip tests which need some
> external dependency which isn't around anyway.

Done. Tests OK here.

I note that svn does not seem to include MANIFEST or the inc tree. Is that
your intention? It means I cant build a tarball here.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS, NetWare etc.