[Neurodebian-devel] [debian at onerussian.com: Re: [Neurodebian-upstream] Debian package for mpi4py]

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Mar 25 08:36:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> Sorry for continuously failing to get back to it.

no problem -- there will be plenty of chance with maintenance ;)

> Unfortunately, nowadays I build everything from source in virtualenvs,
> since the stuff that is provided by the cluster distros is so hopelessly
> outdated.

yes yes -- for various (often historical) reasons big enterprises want
to rely on some other commercial big enterprises ;-)  but things are
changing...

> You'd better ask Lisandro about this :-)

already did on the mpi4py list.

P.S. preliminary packages of mpi4py will become available in few days.
     if anyone needing mpich2-built version, let us know