[Neurodebian-devel] [debian at onerussian.com: Re: [Neurodebian-upstream] Debian package for mpi4py]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Mar 25 08:46:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 04:36 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> yes yes -- for various (often historical) reasons big enterprises want
> to rely on some other commercial big enterprises ;-)  but things are
> changing...

Come on, Yaroslav, we all know that Debian is great! Let's skip the
advocacy part, however, since we are on a Debian list anyway, as I see
plenty of reasons to NOT to run it on a cluster. The OS not being Debian
is not *the* major problem...

The problem is that i.e. I need latest Python 2.7, NumPy / SciPy svn
since they contain bugfixes that are important to me, compiled against
performance libraries etc. And I'm not alone with that :-/

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev