[Neurodebian-devel] packages proposal

Nicolas Bourdaud bourdaud.nicolas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:32:09 UTC 2011

Actually it depends:
the master branch tracks the released version (i.e. complete, tested,
documented, and the ABI will not change for a while), the devel branch
tracks the current development version (however the devel branch is also
tested, and most of it documented: nothing falls on devel branch without
being properly tested).

	Some of the libraries have version that have been previously released
(the case for drawtk, xdfileio and rtfilter). For those, it is better to
take the tarballs mentioned on each webpage:
http://cnbi.epfl.ch/packages/<name>/<name>-latest.tar.bz2
and then you can use the configure script in the tarball.

	Some other (eegdev, mcpanel) have not been released yet (but they are
ready to be used out of the lab), so in that case it is better to take
the latest version of the devel branch. However, just remember that
those snapshots (commit from git) contained only the configuration files
to create their build system, i.e. once the archive has been extracted,
you must run "autoreconf -i" in order to create the configure script.

Hope that I've made things clearer.

Nicolas

--
NICOLAS BOURDAUD