[Neurodebian-devel] packages proposal

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Sun Sep 18 06:50:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:32:09PM +0200, Nicolas Bourdaud wrote:
> Actually it depends:
> the master branch tracks the released version (i.e. complete, tested,
> documented, and the ABI will not change for a while), the devel branch
> tracks the current development version (however the devel branch is also
> tested, and most of it documented: nothing falls on devel branch without
> being properly tested).
>
> 	Some of the libraries have version that have been previously released
> (the case for drawtk, xdfileio and rtfilter). For those, it is better to
> take the tarballs mentioned on each webpage:
> http://cnbi.epfl.ch/packages/<name>/<name>-latest.tar.bz2
> and then you can use the configure script in the tarball.
>
> 	Some other (eegdev, mcpanel) have not been released yet (but they are
> ready to be used out of the lab), so in that case it is better to take
> the latest version of the devel branch. However, just remember that
> those snapshots (commit from git) contained only the configuration files
> to create their build system, i.e. once the archive has been extracted,
> you must run "autoreconf -i" in order to create the configure script.
>
> Hope that I've made things clearer.

Not really. I was looking for the Debian source packages. For some of
the tools I found a debian/ subdirectory in the devel branch of the git
repos. But what I'd really like to have is the .dsc, since the goal is
to build those package for NeuroDebian. Is there a place where I could
download them?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke