[Neurodebian-devel] No commit permissions for DDs :-(

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Apr 16 21:05:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

I do not really intend to join the NeuroDebian team but wanted to commit
some changes to NeuroDebian packages.  Specifically I wanted to add the
attched file as debian/upstream to

   git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-exppsy/biosig4c--.git

after having added this to my local clone I tried:

$ git push
Counting objects: 8, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 808 bytes, done.
Total 5 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
To git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/pkg-exppsy/biosig4c--.git
 ! [remote rejected] debian-release -> debian-release (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to 'git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/pkg-exppsy/biosig4c--.git'

I think I suggested previousely to grant commit permissions to DDs which
works nicely for Debian Med and Debian Science.  Feel free to commit this
file and please consider enabling DDs to do direct commits.

BTW, the existence of this file in Vcs enebles removing this data from
the Debian Med tasks files.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--