[Neurodebian-devel] No commit permissions for DDs :-(

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Apr 16 21:46:25 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

mucho gracias for the contribution  -- I think it should not place any
additional burden for you and we would feel honored from having
you on the team if you join ;)  I have committed  and pushed from your
name. (BTW -- are multiple citations possible as well now? sorry I got
lost in that thread)

Mention though that some of those repositories are quite...
non-conventional.  e.g. in some of them there is debian (pure debian/
overlay) and debian-release (integration branch between debian/ and
upstream's) branches.  Primarily it is done to cover the corner cases
when upstream for now is fetched from SVN bridged via git-svn and where
things could change within time, so plain debian is kept around to ease
possible future transition

part of the permissions problem here I guess that I would need to
figure out how to become previous myself again -- are non-DDs allowed to
login to git.debian.org?  (and git.debian.org) is mounted RO on alioth

    $> ls -ld biosig4c--.git
    8 drwxrwsr-x+ 7 yoh-guest pkg-exppsy 4096 Apr 16 21:17 biosig4c--.git/
    $> whoami
    yoh

since now I seems to can't tune ACL for it:

    $> setfacl -m group:Debian:rwx .
    setfacl: .: Operation not permitted

:-/
so I guess it would need me to talk to admins and seek transfering
ownership to "newer" me first ;)