[Neurodebian-devel] experimental OpenVibe package

Nicolas Bourdaud nicolas.bourdaud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:08:30 UTC 2012

Hi Neurodebian folks!

	I have now prepared 2 packages: OpenVibe (release 0.14.3) and its
dependency VRPN (07.30).

	Although they are still far from being ready to be included into Debian
proper, I think it is time to have feedback from their main users
otherwise, they will never be ready. I believe you might dislike some
aspects of the packages, but please comment and tell me how I should
change them.

	So it could be nice if one of the NeuroDebian sponsors could have a
look at the packages (starting with VRPN) and if he believes they are
ok, to upload to the neurodebian repository.

	I have tested the VRPN build, and it should build on all supported
Debian and Ubuntu versions.
git repo: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/vrpn.git

	For OpenVibe, I could not have tested on all versions (lack of VRPN on
the repos) but it builds nicely with pbuilder.
git repo: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/openvibe.git

	Note: Because of a small font file (bluehigh.ttf) shipped in the
OpenVibe package without its sources, OpenVibe should normally qualify
for non-free.  Tomorrow I will contact upstream about its possible removal.

Cheers,

Nicolas