[Neurodebian-devel] Expyriment package

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Aug 23 13:34:15 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastiaan, Hi Oliver,

>    I already made some debian build scripts for Expyriment
>    ([1]https://launchpad.net/~smathot/+archive/cogscinl). These might be
>    useful. I'm not sure what the best approach to packaging Expyriment would
>    be though, as it hosted on Google code, which I personally have no
>    experience with.

;-) you do not have to have experience with it for the purpose of its
Debian package.  Just

1. download the source .zip-ball from
https://code.google.com/p/expyriment/downloads/list
extract and wrap it into a tarball, e.g. (.tar.gz).

2. then within that
extracted directory you can run

dh_make

which would help to start packaging.  then just cd to debian/ and remove
stuff you will not need (by default it creates templates for all kinds
of stuff).

instead of straight 2. you can actually jump right away into maintaining
it with git-buildpackage -- just create empty repository and run

git-import-orig ../tarball.tar.gz

which should initiate the desired 'upstream' branch with imported
upstream tarballs and master which would be your packaging.  and then go
to step 2.

just let us know if you get stuck... IRC might be a faster media
(#neurodebian on OFTC)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences