[Neurodebian-devel] [psignifit-devel] [ftpmaster at debian.org: psignifit_3.0~beta.20120503.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed May 23 16:35:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 15:16 +0200, Hänel Nikolaus Valentin wrote:

> Well, the problem is, he optimizers are slightly different. In practice,
> psignifit-ng (lets just call it that for now) provides all the features
> of psignifit and more. However certain individuals are interested in
> comparing the two optimizers for speed and correctness.

Ah, I see... Yes, now I get the point.

> You know how much numerical optimization can be a voodoo in practice?!

Surprise! I've spent the last couple of years working on
high-dimensional convex optimization problems, so I'm afraid I don't
need convincing...

> > Otherwise you can go for psignifit-ng ;-)
>
> Yeah, I quite like this. Or psignifit3

Now that I think about, psignifit3 might be actually a better idea.
Think of python-psignifit3, etc. python-psignifit-ng doesn't sound good,
and besides, if you want python-psignifit instead of python-psignifit3
it will only confuse people.

Better make it clear then that there is a new package, which implements
more or less the same thing, but in a widly different way, so the python
module belongs to the new one, not the old one.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev