[Neurodebian-devel] [psignifit-devel] [ftpmaster at debian.org: psignifit_3.0~beta.20120503.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Valentin Haenel valentin.haenel at gmx.de
Sun May 27 15:30:19 UTC 2012

* Yury V. Zaytsev <yury at shurup.com> [2012-05-23]:
> On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 15:16 +0200, Hänel Nikolaus Valentin wrote:
>
> > Well, the problem is, he optimizers are slightly different. In practice,
> > psignifit-ng (lets just call it that for now) provides all the features
> > of psignifit and more. However certain individuals are interested in
> > comparing the two optimizers for speed and correctness.
>
> Ah, I see... Yes, now I get the point.
>
> > You know how much numerical optimization can be a voodoo in practice?!
>
> Surprise! I've spent the last couple of years working on
> high-dimensional convex optimization problems, so I'm afraid I don't
> need convincing...
>
> > > Otherwise you can go for psignifit-ng ;-)
> >
> > Yeah, I quite like this. Or psignifit3
>
> Now that I think about, psignifit3 might be actually a better idea.
> Think of python-psignifit3, etc. python-psignifit-ng doesn't sound good,
> and besides, if you want python-psignifit instead of python-psignifit3
> it will only confuse people.
>
> Better make it clear then that there is a new package, which implements
> more or less the same thing, but in a widly different way, so the python
> module belongs to the new one, not the old one.

So the mess propagates:

From: Bart Martens <bartm at debian.org>
Subject: RFP: psignifit3 -- fitting and testing hypotheses about psychometric functions
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:11:16 +0000
To: 580499 at bugs.debian.org
Cc: Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal at debian.org>, Nikolaus Valentin Hänel <valentin.haenel at gmx.de>

tags 580499 - pending
stop

There is currently no package named psignifit3 in NEW.  So I'm removing the tag
"pending" that was added by Aníbal because psignifit3 would be in NEW at that
time.

Note that a package named psignifit at mentors closes 580499, so maybe Nikolaus
Valentin Hänel has the intention to adopt psignifit, however the package
psignifit is currently not up for adoption.  So I'm not (yet) doing a retitle
of this RFP-psignifit3 to ITA-psignifit.

http://mentors.debian.net/package/psignifit
  Uploader:	Nikolaus Valentin Hänel <valentin.haenel at gmx.de>
  Version:	3.0~beta.20120503.1-1
  Uploaded:	2012-05-09 18:19

Regards,

Bart Martens

I guess then maybe it should be psignifit3 after all? If there are no
furter complaints i'll fixup the sourec package, dput a new version, and
someone will have to repoen the ITP.

V-