[Neurodebian-devel] Creating Neurodebian image with Veewee

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Fri Aug 9 17:50:19 UTC 2013

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for chiming in!

Ruby&me are not close friends unfortunately thus all of that pushed me
back from trying veewee again for quite a long time now.

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

> So after evaluating options, I will still try to create a "Good" Veewee
> template for creating Debian 7 and unstable images, and when that works,
> maybe we could test it with creating a Neurodebian image.

> My own interest here is to have "official" debian images for Vagrant and
> Virtualbox, we have here an overlap of intereset :)

although also ruby (Chef etc) oriented, you might like to have a
look at

https://github.com/opscode/bento

which I liked for how they modularized their veewee templates so they
could be reused across different distributions and releases.

if ending up with veewee for "stock" Debian images and NeuroDebian ones,
it would be nice to have a similar setup IMHO.

PS I am on the list, no need to CC me ;)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org