[Neurodebian-devel] Creating Neurodebian image with Veewee

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Aug 22 16:46:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 18:28 +0200, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

> I will create now my Vagrant Boxes with
> https://github.com/EmmanuelKasper/vagrant-debian-wheezy-64/tree/debian_vanilla
> Works very well, clean (gasp) bash code, and do already all what I
> want.

Looking at your code, I'd conclude that's also more or less how
NeuroDebian VM builder works...

> The script use an interseting approach for preseeding: it unpacks the
> initrd from the ISO cd, adds the preseed.cfg to it, and repacks
> everything.

So Debian can't load preseed files from the diskette like kickstart
files? ^__^ If you insert a virtual diskette, there is no need to modify
the image. Also, this method is easier then messing with a DHCP server.

In any case, I'm glad you've got it working. Just hope that at some
point libvirt will add more complete support for VirtualBox...

... but in the end, this might be not even needed? Can't it export
KVM/QEMU machines as OVF?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev