[Neurodebian-devel] fresh wheezy-based NeuroDebian VM images (todo or not todo)?

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Jan 10 18:47:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 13:32 -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> btw -- have a look at https://github.com/jedi4ever/veewee/ besides
> being written in Ruby (and there is no neat debian package yet) -- it
> might be a replacement for our ad-hoc script for different VM images
> generation since it accomplishes our workflow, just in a systematic
> way.  If only could it be extended to generate live images as
> well... ? ;)

Hi Yaroslav,

This looks very interesting...

I'm opinionated about Vagrant, which I consider to be a
buzzword-propelled superfluous entity (discover the Clone function of
VirtualBox!), but if this tool doesn't really depend on it and is able
to generate images that are generally useful outside its scope (like
OVA), I'm all for it.

I don't care if it is written in an unholy language, as long as I
personally won't have to hack on it; not having a package in Debian is
bummer though, because then upgrades are gonna be a PITA.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev