[Neurodebian-devel] Uploading pyqtgraph packages

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Jan 21 17:19:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Luke Campagnola wrote:

> > ah -- cool -- so you have now all pieces of the source package -- does

> > lintian python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.dsc

> > still complain?

> Just the NMU warnings I mentioned previously.
> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/changelog-should-mention-nmu.html

verify that your name in maintainer/uploaders the same as in the last
record of debian/changelog -- as that webpage suggests ;).  better
just make packaging available somewhere (git?) so I could have a look

> > Is the box CPU itself 64-bit or some older 32bit one?  Then I
> > wonder if 64bit NeuroDebian VM would work on a 32bit box without any
> > significant performance hit

> It's a 32-bit CPU. I don't think it's possible for me to run a 64-bit
> guest OS from this machine.
> (see: http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests)

ah -- ok ;)

> > Meanwhile we could concentrate on making your package build on your
> > 32bit box without all the ND farm of chroots -- does it build if you use
> > pbuilder ?

> The 32-bit chroots seem to have installed correctly. Is it necessary
> to have the amd64 chroots at all, given that this is a pure-python
> package?

nope ;)   it is just that by default we build for amd64

> It's certainly easy enough for me to remove amd64 from nd_adddist..

ok ;) and from nd_build ... ugly -- but should work I guess ;)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences