[Neurodebian-devel] Uploading pyqtgraph packages

Luke Campagnola lcampagn at email.unc.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:41:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian at onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Luke Campagnola wrote:
>
>> My build directory looks like this:
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_all.deb
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.debian.tar.gz
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.dsc
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_i386.build
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1_i386.changes
>>  python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5.orig.tar.gz
>
> ah -- cool -- so you have now all pieces of the source package -- does
>
> lintian python-pyqtgraph_0.9.5-1.dsc
>
> still complain?

Just the NMU warnings I mentioned previously.
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/changelog-should-mention-nmu.html

>> > ;-) cool... I have heard about some intricacies on some late ubuntus...
>> > haven't checked on that yet.  What is your host system?
>
>> Ubuntu 12.04
>
>> nd_adddistall failed. I get these errors during the installation of
>> each amd64 distribution (this is a 32-bit machine):
>> Probably this bug:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debootstrap/+bug/595908
>> Looks like the solution is to use a 64-bit machine instead..

> Is the box CPU itself 64-bit or some older 32bit one?  Then I
> wonder if 64bit NeuroDebian VM would work on a 32bit box without any
> significant performance hit

It's a 32-bit CPU. I don't think it's possible for me to run a 64-bit
guest OS from this machine.
(see: http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests)

> Meanwhile we could concentrate on making your package build on your
> 32bit box without all the ND farm of chroots -- does it build if you use
> pbuilder ?

The 32-bit chroots seem to have installed correctly. Is it necessary
to have the amd64 chroots at all, given that this is a pure-python
package?
It's certainly easy enough for me to remove amd64 from nd_adddist..

Luke