[Neurodebian-devel] [RFC] Should we convert to use 'Modules' (http://modules.sourceforge.net/)?

Alex Waite alexqw85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:43:19 UTC 2014

Yarik,

Just as FYI, last week I ported fsl.sh to modenv. I made it as similar
to the NeuroDebian version of fsl.sh as possible (comments and all). It
is very lightly tested, but I pushed it to the fsl repo on Alioth for
posterity. The script is identical except I prepend rather than append
the fsl dir to PATH.

On 12/12/2013 05:30 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

>     The only catch here which I do not know how to resolve yet
>     without interaction with users is:
>
>     $> tail -n 3 /etc/fsl/fsl.sh /etc/afni/afni.sh
>      ==> /etc/fsl/fsl.sh <==
>      if [ -f "${HOME}/.fslconf/fsl.sh" ] ; then
>        . "${HOME}/.fslconf/fsl.sh" ;
>      fi
>
>      ==> /etc/afni/afni.sh <==
>      if [ -f "${HOME}/.config/AFNI/afni.sh" ] ; then
>        . "${HOME}/.config/AFNI/afni.sh" ;
>      fi
>
>     Since these are shell-specific they can't be just "sourced" anyhow within
>     modulefile.  It should be possible to check and warn users though if such a
>     file was found present, and advise to convert it to modulefiles but I am not
>     yet sure on how easy that would be todo/enable.

This is the one other thing I changed. I warn (loudly) if a
~/.fslconf/fsl.sh file is found. I'm sure the wording/advice of the
warning can be improved.

---Alex