[Neurodebian-devel] [RFC] Should we convert to use 'Modules' (http://modules.sourceforge.net/)?

Alex Waite alexqw85 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:11:06 UTC 2014

On 02/04/2014 04:02 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> That is cool Alex -- looks thorough and nice ;-) watchout though --
> Michael seems haven't pushed last changes for 5.0.6-1.
>
> also shouldn't it carry version information?

It should have version info. I put 0 effort to integrate it. I just
threw it into git for later use.

> I guess we better also agree on the minor detail: .modfile (might be confused
> with kernel modules?) and .environment-modules (too long but as "specific" as
> it could be I guess)

I just made up .modfile. I think .environment-modules makes sense.

> Next one would be AFNI I guess... ? ;)

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. We'll have to come up with
"maintained" releases or something, due to the complete lack of versioning.

One upshot is that many (most?) people use an afnirc file, which is read
by AFNI rather than the shell. Fewer things to ifcheck for to prevent
overwriting.

---Alex