[Neurodebian-devel] ANTS

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Mon Feb 24 17:03:59 UTC 2014

Hi Gert,

Thank you very much for offering help... I have stopped only 1 step away
from completing package and didn't get chance to "finalize" it:  for
building and then testing ANTs requires some data fetched from their
ITK data store.  just a few files, which should ideally become a
separate package I guess or meanwhile could become ..ExternalData.tar.gz
to come as a part of source package (I believe it could look up for data
under .ExternalData of the root of the source tree).... so what is left
is just to get that data and may be patch, may be not so ANTs could use
it instead of downloading from the web

debian-based-on-upstream  (temporary name, probably to become
(fast-forward) debian brnach) branch  on
http://github.com/neurodebian/ANTs has now all my changes placed on top
of stock ANTs release tag.

http*_proxy variables in debian/rules guarantee that data is not fetched
from online, so you would need to disable it to let ANTs fetch it.

Also I added some logic to disable running those lengthy tests on
slow(er) platforms -- might need check/tuning if would work across all
ports.

if you could finalize those changes -- that would be great..