[Neurodebian-devel] ANTS

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:34:45 UTC 2014

Hello Yaroslav,

I did a first build, and the list of lintian warnings and errors is
impressive :(

A few questions about your state:

* You override the CFLAGS and  LDFLAGS completely, which results in all
the  hardening-no-relro lintian warnings. Is there a specific reason,
otherwise I would just use the Debian default and add the
-Wl,--as-needed linker flag.

* is the -fpermissive really needed? Or is this a leftover from 1.9?

* the man pages are all created with help2man, right? Because they also
give lintian warnings ...

* as for disabling tests on slow archs, I think ITK is currently only
available for i386 and amd64, test run-time will probably not pose a
problem.

* As for the data, can we just add it in the debian/ directory? Since
there are binary files, this may violate Debian policy, but then again
it's data. There seems to be an option to set the test data root to
avoid downloading.

Best
Gert