[Neurodebian-devel] ANTS

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:25:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

the packages builds as it is now, but it has still a lot of lintian
warnings and errors.

On 02/26/14 15:44, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> cool -- thanks in advance
Confirmed -fpermissive is no longer needed.

> I will now try a blind backport rebuild of 4.5.0-3 -- may be we could
> even have that one
Great.

> well -- there is no original tarball anyways (besides may be tarball of
> tagged release on github)...
Github also gives you a proper tarball url that could be used in a watch
file, e.g.:

   https://github.com/stnava/ANTs/archive/v2.0.0.tar.gz

but I assume you didn't import this with pristine-tar, right?

> and 3.0 source package supporting
> multiple tarballs came out for a reason ;)Ideally we should just
> automate acquisition of such needed data, and that is why I thought it
> might be worth a separate source/binary package....
I see.

> meanwhile -- I see that itk package in Debian carries
> InsightToolkit-4.4.0/.ExternalData   so might be worth looking where
> they get it from
It is provided by upstream in the original tarball.

> cool... pointers -- man dpkg-source:
[...]
Thanks.

It seems since the original data is just a bunch of files, we would
have to put this tarball somewhere on-line ourself.

> but once again, here it might really be better to have a separate data package
> since that data might not change that often if ever.... but it would also
> depend on how much data ants would also need to build/test
I'm afraid they just add data on a as needed basis, so it may or may not
change and one will have to test it with every release.

>> I will ask about the copyright of the data.
>
> FWIW: data itself is not copyrighted probably, but the "collection" might be.
> upon a quick grep through ITK's copyright -- do not see explicit mention.
Well, I just asked Matt from Kitware if he can give me some info.

> there is a good chance it would be the same data btw --
No, I already checked this and the files are different.

Best
Gert