[Neurodebian-devel] ANTS

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Feb 26 17:08:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Gert Wollny wrote:
> the packages builds as it is now, but it has still a lot of lintian
> warnings and errors.

you mean without any changes????  or "now" implies your tune ups? ;)

> >cool -- thanks in advance
> Confirmed -fpermissive is no longer needed.
cool

> >well -- there is no original tarball anyways (besides may be tarball of
> >tagged release on github)...
> Github also gives you a proper tarball url that could be used in a
> watch file, e.g.:
>   https://github.com/stnava/ANTs/archive/v2.0.0.tar.gz
> but I assume you didn't import this with pristine-tar, right?

not yet ;)  it was of a minor concern for me

> >meanwhile -- I see that itk package in Debian carries
> >InsightToolkit-4.4.0/.ExternalData   so might be worth looking where
> >they get it from
> It is provided by upstream in the original tarball.

good boys!... actually not entirely:

~/deb/builds/insighttoolkit4/4.4.0-1/insighttoolkit4-4.4.0$ du -scm .ExternalData/
214     .ExternalData/

so there will be probably around 100MB dragging in the archive probably
with minor if any changes across ITK releases...

> >cool... pointers -- man dpkg-source:
> [...]
> Thanks.

> It seems since the original data is just a bunch of files, we would
> have to put this tarball somewhere on-line ourself.

yeap -- e.g. by uploading .external-data.tar.gz as a part of the source
package

> >but once again, here it might really be better to have a separate data package
> >since that data might not change that often if ever.... but it would also
> >depend on how much data ants would also need to build/test
> I'm afraid they just add data on a as needed basis, so it may or may
> not change and one will have to test it with every release.

> >>I will ask about the copyright of the data.

> >FWIW: data itself is not copyrighted probably, but the "collection" might be.
> >upon a quick grep through ITK's copyright -- do not see explicit mention.
> Well, I just asked Matt from Kitware if he can give me some info.

yeap -- saw it -- thanks!

> >there is a good chance it would be the same data btw --
> No, I already checked this and the files are different.

I see -- thanks for checking!

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org