[Neurodebian-devel] Uploading pyqtgraph packages

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Tue Jan 14 06:11:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Luke Campagnola wrote:
>      $> ls -l /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jessie
>      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Jul 14 �2013
>      /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jessie -> sid

>    And after that, what command to rebuild just those two distributions?�

just rerun it -- it should be smart about those iirc

>    Alternately: are the commands documented somewhere?�

not really... contributions ARE VERY VERY VERY WELCOME!  pretty much
providing sane(r) --help would be already of great help.  look under

https://github.com/neurodebian/neurodebian/tree/master/tools

so yeah -- if we were to publish in frontiers now, we might have not
passed the review, like the ACQ4 did!!! good job! ;)

BTW -- have anyone looked/used http://docopt.org/ ? -- looks very
interesting for quick cmdline interfaces, but docopts for bash seems to be not
in debian... oh well

>      > � � I suspect this causes dh_install to fail because it can't find
>      > python2.7 in
>      > � � the python3 fakeroot.

>      hm - interesting if I got it right (too late now to think straight...
>      even sent
>      out a google recruiter to [2]f.ck off (politely)) you are claiming that
>      in your
>      local environment (which is?) pybuild results in a different behavior
>      than
>      while building in those clean chroots?

>>    That appears to be the case. I am building on ubuntu 13.04.
>>    I meant to include this link
>    previously:�[3]https://github.com/lcampagn/pyqtgraph/tree/deb_build
>    From there you can run `python setup.py sdist deb --force-version=0.9.8`.
>    The 'deb' command just creates a deb_build directory and populates it with
>    the necessary pieces before calling `dh -us -uc`.

brrr ;-)  why not just debian/ directory?  your setup would
complicate contributions from debian folks etc... you would need to provide
us the generated source package anyways.  I would recommend just
carrying debian/ and using git-buildpackage

back to cows:
btw -- in generated debian/control dh-python is missing from build-depends
and as I said those debian/*install  should not be needed in this case iirc.

so here is a PR
https://github.com/lcampagn/pyqtgraph/pull/4

and this one builds fine besides on wheezy runs into python2.6 issue:

removing '/tmp/buildd/python-pyqtgraph-0.9.8/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_2.7/build' (and everything under it)
'build/bdist.linux-x86_64' does not exist -- can't clean it
'build/scripts-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 43, in <module>
    import setupHelpers as helpers
  File "tools/setupHelpers.py", line 2, in <module>
    from subprocess import check_output
ImportError: cannot import name check_output
E: pybuild pybuild:256: clean: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python2.6 setup.py clean
dh_auto_clean: pybuild --clean -i python{version} -p 2.7 2.6 --dir . returned exit code 13
make: *** [clean] Error 13
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org