[Neurodebian-devel] Could you enable fls-5.0-gpu package by default?

Michal Hocko mstsxfx at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:36:21 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am not sure whether this is a proper channel, please forward me to the
right one if this is not the case.

I am trying to use CUDA features from the fls-5.0 source package.
fls-5.0-gpu is not built by default, though. I have tried to make it
compile and it doesn't look terribly hard to do it. I've ended up with
the (attached) two patches.

The first one: add_gpu_tools_pkg is "stolen" from the current debian
source package (5.0.7-4) and refreshed on top of 5.0.9-2.

The second one: gpu-tools-fixes combines two compile fixes

With the two patches and nvidia-kernel-dkms installed (Btw. shouldn't
this be recommended dependency?) I was able to run bedpostx successfully
on
13:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK110GL [Tesla K20m] (rev a1)

Would it be possible to add the two patches and enable the -gpu package
automatically?

Thanks a lot!
--
Michal Hocko