[Neurodebian-upstream] Standard dataset

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:10:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

[cross-posting to neurodebian-upstream list]

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 08:29:36AM -0700, Matthew Brett wrote:
> I'd love to hear about standard datasets.  I've been collecting some,
> but they're a bit scattered, with unclear licenses, most of them.

Is there a public list of "free" datasets somewhere? We have started
packaging a few:

http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/fsl-atlases.html
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/fsl-feeds.html
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/mni-colin27-nifti.html
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/mni-icbm152-nlin-2009a.html
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/mni-icbm152-nlin-2009b.html
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/mni-icbm152-nlin-2009c.html

but they will need some standardization work. For example, 'fsl-atlases'
comes with FSL, but it is really a number of neuro-atlases that are
quite useful outside of FSL too.

Same for 'fsl-feeds' -- This is FSL's regression testsuite, but it
really also is a bunch of 'standard' datasets for fMRI, tractography,
... that could be very handy to develop cross-toolchain
regression/validity tests.

It would be very useful to compile a list of dataset for any purpose in
neuroimaging/science with 'usable' licenses (at least non-commercial or
more free). Does anyone know about such?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke