[Neurodebian-upstream] False positives for lintian hardening tags

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jan 23 11:12:48 UTC 2013

Hi again

I missed to mention that I also used hardening-check:

libsuperquadricGlyphs.so:
 Position Independent Executable: no, regular shared library (ignored)
 Stack protected: no, not found!
 Fortify Source functions: no, only unprotected functions found!
 Read-only relocations: yes
 Immediate binding: no, not found!

Using hardening-check on the main OpenWalnut lib:

libopenwalnut.so:
 Position Independent Executable: no, regular shared library (ignored)
 Stack protected: yes
 Fortify Source functions: yes (some protected functions found)
 Read-only relocations: yes
 Immediate binding: no, not found!

-> so lintian does not complain about the libopenwalnut.so but the plugin lib libsuperquadricGlyphs.so

Bye
Sebastian