[Neurodebian-upstream] False positives for lintian hardening tags

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Jan 23 13:19:26 UTC 2013

Hi Sebastian,

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 11:59 +0100, Sebastian Eichelbaum wrote:

> The strange thing is that these lintian warnings get thrown only for
> the plugin package. The main package containing our lib an executable
> does not throw this warnings. Maybe you know a proper solution
> (besides overriding these lintian tags) to get this fixed. Maybe one
> of our other build flags overrides some hardening option?

Can you run the check in the verbose mode to see which specific
functions remain unprotected?

Also, this is not the right forum for such bug reports, because none of
the lintian developers are following this list.

You might wish to have a look at the following bug report by Ben where
he's having a similar problem with vlc plugins:

I wonder if yours are false positives also due to memset and friends...

Z.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev