[newmaint-site] A question about 'Also show when one started contributing' TODO item

Mark Caglienzi mark.caglienzi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:57:22 UTC 2013

Hello list,
as I was reading the TODO list here https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FrontDesk/DcSiteDevel
I found the first (as of now) item in the list:

* Also show when one started contributing

and started to think about it. I have a question though..
If a contributor made three contributions in these days:
* 21/03/2011
* 25/07/2011
* 10/04/2013

what is the desired output?

I) Output in two lists, 2011 and 2013
2011, from march to july
2013, from ... to april

II) Output in one list, based on the *last* contribution, as we are
listing contributions "until $DATE"
2013, from march 2011 to july

III) Something more complicated as the contributor didn't do anything in
2012..

IV) Something else I don't come to think of... :-)

I am asking just to clear the ideas, and start some brainstorming about
the actual implementation.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

--
. ''`.  | GPG Public Key  : 0xCD542422 - Download it from http://is.gd/fOa7Vm
: :'  : | GPG Fingerprint : 0823 A40D F31B 67A8 5621 AD32 E293 A2EB CD54 2422