[newmaint-site] A question about 'Also show when one started contributing' TODO item

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Oct 28 19:58:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 04:57:22PM +0100, Mark Caglienzi wrote:

> * Also show when one started contributing

Thanks Mark, and welcome!

> and started to think about it. I have a question though..
> If a contributor made three contributions in these days:
> * 21/03/2011
> * 25/07/2011
> * 10/04/2013
> what is the desired output?
[...]
> II) Output in one list, based on the *last* contribution, as we are
> listing contributions "until $DATE"
> 2013, from march 2011 to july

This one: tracking gaps in contributions would complicate everything
considerably, and in the context of contributors.debian.org, I think for
very little gain.

> I am asking just to clear the ideas, and start some brainstorming about
> the actual implementation.

I've already sort of implemented it. It's implemented in all
source-specific lists, just not in the main list.

The reason is, I can't decide if we want it in the main list at all: I
wouldn't want to turn the DC page in a race of who's been contributing
the longest, so perhaps that information just shouldn't be shown in the
main list.

I've taken the item off the todo list; we can always add it if we think
there's a good reason for it.

Ciao,

Enrico

--