[newmaint-site] https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm

Marco Bardelli bardelli.marco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:43:22 UTC 2014

Hi list,
I tested new submission form, seems cool.

Nicolas Guilbert <nicolas at ange.dk> writes:

>> I tried entering the same data, and form submission failed. Under the
>> fingerprint field, I have an error message: "Ensure this value has at
>> most 40 characters (it has 49)."
>>
>> I took note of two bugs here: one, it fails to automatically trim spaces
>> from the fingerprint on submission. Two, errors should show in red so
>> they stand out from all the text :)

Seems fixed, no problem with cut and pasted fingerprint.

A note on the div#np_submit, in the text we say:

  You can now submit the form, and you will get an email asking you to
  confirm your data by replying with a signed email.
  Once you have confirmed, other Debian Developers can go to your
  personal page and advocate you for what you require.

but for real I received and encrypted mail and following the link in
it, confirmation is done automatically without reply to the
mail. Do I miss something ?

>> Thanks for testing it, I'll fix it tomorrow. Were you just trying the
>> form, or were you actually intending to apply to become a DD?

Testing it I filled an account name different to my alioth
account-guest, and also the short bio shuold be correct for a real
application.

Grabbing from https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FrontDesk/NmSiteDevel,
tomorrow i'll try to work on:
 * Bootstrap the Django localisation machinery on the site
 * Show the contents of mailbox archives in the web interface;
   just something read only and very simple minded will do.

PS: any news on django-ratelimit ?