[newmaint-site] Adding debconf volunteers to contributors.d.o

enrico at enricozini.org enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Mar 24 11:05:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:33:00AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> where would you like to data mine from? I dont think we should data mine the
> penta db... (for privacy reasons.)

contributors.debian.org is opt-in for anything not directly related to
official DD accounts. If it can help here, I have already in my todo
list to implement making some contribution types opt-in only for
everyone[2].

My personal, subjective understanding is that talks, video team
participation, orga team and front desk work don't need special
treatment, while conference participation may require extra
discussion[1].

I don't mind if controversial contribution types are left out of
contributors.debian.org for now until DebConf people work out what to do
with them.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] Both in terms of privacy and in terms of "should we consider it a
    contribution to Debian if one just hangs around a DebConf trolling
    people?"
[2] Still, I would have preferred if you had just asked what data is of
    interested and how it would be treated, without throwing in a
    negative on general principles.
    If I actually took people who react negatively on general principles
    to the letter, contributors.debian.org wouldn't have gone any
    farther than my initial talk during last DebConf. It does still have
    an effect on my motivation, unfortunately.
--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>