[newmaint-site] contributors.d.o source for git.debian.org

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Tue Feb 3 08:03:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:31:49AM +0000, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> So I created the qa.debian.org data source. I put you as admin along
> with me, there is a daily script gathering commits from these repos, and
> they are also excluded from git.d.o now. Feel free to edit descriptions
> and the such. If you want, I can also give you the script if you prefer
> to run the cronjob yourself.
>
> The data is already uploaded at:
> https://contributors.debian.org/source/qa.debian.org
>
> Is this good for you?

This is just *awesome*, thanks a lot for your work.

I've just noticed a glitch that might be a bug, but I'm not 100% sure.
Matthieu Caneill, regular committer to Debsources, doesn't seem to show
up as contributor on contributors.d.o at all. As an example of a recent
commit of him, see for instance
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/qa/debsources.git/commit/?id=1893d889a0f037e39f478e28e5981d92e433eac9

I haven't been able to figure out between him and the other non-DD
Debsources committer, Jingjie Jiang, who shows up instead as contributor
https://contributors.debian.org/contributor/sophiejjj-guest%40alioth

Any idea about what could be going on?

> > What I would like to avoid, though, is having 2 independent deployments
> > of your data source for contributors.d.o, that will have to be updated /
> > babysat independently at each change.
>
> > How hard would it be to have a single deployment, possibly with 2
> > different configuration files (with /usr/bin/find patterns or the like)
> > to describe which repos should be considered?
>
> I don't really understand what are you referring to here.. What I did
> was to create a qa.debian.org.conf file in my $HOME, that says this:

I've discussed this F2F with Martín at FOSDEM. Essentially, I wasn't
sure that there was a single cron job being babysat, and that it was
handling both git.d.o and qa stuff. It is the case, so no need to
maintain multiple installations of Martín's code. All is good.

Thanks again!
Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o