[Nm-templates-discuss] Suggested changes for P&P questions

Joerg Jaspert joerg@debian.org
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:08:24 +0100

--=-=-=

On 10124 March 1977, Craig Small wrote:

>     10. How do tags and severities affect the release status of a
> 	    debian package?
> The problem with this is that quite often you get the usual RC severity
> answer and they forget about tags.

YES. (That together with another question where they usually forget some
? gets a "READ MY MAILS" :) )

> I think the question needs to be re-worked so that it talks about
> severties first, then tags. Tags only effect the release status of a
> package if it has certain severities. It also doesn't specify the
> severity of what.
>     10. How does the severity of bugs of a Debian package affect
> 	    its release status? What tags can modify this default
> 		behaviour?

I like it. You can commit if you want, you have rights to. :)

>     16. What does version 3.4-2.1 mean?  What Debian control file would
> 	    you put this in?
> So, so many NMs trip up on this one. I really don't know how to make
> it simpler.  They all answer changelog for the second part.

Many of mine answer "control file" or similar unrelated things, so it
isnt a full waste of space.

--
bye Joerg
<mechanix> anyone from the MIA team around? tbm?

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--