[Nm-templates-discuss] Suggested changes for P&P questions

Craig Small csmall@enc.com.au
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:36:48 +1100

Hello,
  I thought I'd start off some discussion about the P&P changes that
some of my NMs have tripped up on.

    10. How do tags and severities affect the release status of a
	    debian package?

The problem with this is that quite often you get the usual RC severity
answer and they forget about tags.  I think the question needs to be
re-worked so that it talks about severties first, then tags. Tags
only effect the release status of a package if it has certain
severities. It also doesn't specify the severity of what.

    10. How does the severity of bugs of a Debian package affect
	    its release status? What tags can modify this default
		behaviour?
------

    16. What does version 3.4-2.1 mean?  What Debian control file would
	    you put this in?

So, so many NMs trip up on this one. I really don't know how to make
it simpler.  They all answer changelog for the second part.

More to come.
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer