[Nonfree-discuss] wwwcount

Marco Gerards metgerards@student.han.nl
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:27:06 +0200

Marco Gerards <metgerards@student.han.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The wwwcount program is non-free because it may not be distributed
> commercially.  This is the relevant line from the license:
>
> "Distribute freely only non-commercial and NO CHANGE archive
> composition."

Sorry, I copied the wrong line (from another license I was reading).
It should be:

"If the program is included in a book, publication or in a
software distribution media for sale, the author must be notified about it.
No binary only distribution is allowed. All distributions must include the
source and this copyright notice."

> This license can be found here:
> http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/Count/Count2.6/Count2.6/copyright.html

It seems that I did not notice (thanks for telling me Weinhold :)):

"If the source code of the program is modified or enhanced, the source
code must be made public"

This demand will make the software non-free, however it seems that
most crap was removed from the license. :)

Thanks,
Marco