[Nonfree-discuss] Processed: Some newish packages

Göran Weinholt weinholt@debian.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:35:15 +0200

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:42:50AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 04:28:29PM +0000, non-free tracking system wrote:
> > Setting reason for `robotour':
> > Reason was:=20
> > Reason set to: Grants use for private purposes only, may only be distri=
buted
> >  unmodified and in whole, no competing with it on the Internet,=20
> >  no sale, no commercial use. License may be revoked at any time
> >  in which case all copies must be erased <b>immediately</b>.
>=20
> Are we really allowed to distribute this in non-free? What if someday the
> author says license is revoked. Can we erase _all copies_ immediately?

I don't think we should distribute it. Andrew Suffield commented on
this part of the license, noting that removing all copies immediately
is "not even physically possible." I'd like to know what debian-legal
thinks about this.

Regards,

--=20
G=F6ran Weinholt <weinholt@debian.org>