[PKG-OpenRC-Debian] OpenRC status in Jessie

Niels Thykier niels at thykier.net
Sat Oct 25 08:36:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-25 09:25, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Dear Release Team,
>
> I thought it was best to write now, rather than after the freeze.
>
> [... snip context ...]
>
> Anyways, my hope is that we will have the opportunity to fix things
> "soon", and that you will accept the necessary unblocks when Jessie is
> frozen.

Hi Thomas,

If the uploads fixing these bugs comply with the freeze policy[1], we
will be happy to oblige.
  I guess you are concerned by the fact that openrc has a new upstream
release stuck in sid, which might not make it in time for Jessie?

If you want the new version of openrc, I strongly /advise/ you to deal
with #765785 ASAP.  You /might/ still be able to upload a new version of
openrc before the deadline (haven't checked).  Then you can focus on a
minimal patch for #765785 after openrc/0.13.1 has migrated.
  Be advised, if your fix miss the deadline, then the entire 0.13 upload
(including the new upstream release) will have to comply with the freeze
policy (which I doubt it does at first glance).

For the rest, apply/follow the freeze policy[1].

> Your opinion/advice is more than welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

~Niels

[1] https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html