[Openstack-devel] Current state of the Folsom packaging -- horizon

Tim Spriggs tims at uahirise.org
Fri Nov 2 19:28:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> On 11/02/2012 04:16 PM, Tim Spriggs wrote:
>> That's great news! Something must have changed then because the
>> packaged lessc broke on the minimal testing system I have setup for
>> horizon. I think it couldn't find "node" via the "#!/usr/bin/env node"
>> invocation.
>>
>> -Tim
>
> Well...
>
> zigo at GPLHost:<host>_ ~$ which node
> /usr/bin/node
> zigo at GPLHost:<host>_ ~$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/node
> nodejs-legacy: /usr/bin/node
>
> so that isn't a problem anymore.
>
> Thomas

... and yet, after installing horizon on a fresh node I don't have
nodejs or nodejs-legacy.

root at horizon:~# dpkg -l | egrep -i horizon\|dashboard\|nodejs
ii  openstack-dashboard                2012.2-1
all          OpenStack Dashboard
ii  openstack-dashboard-apache         2012.2-1
all          OpenStack Dashboard - Apache support
ii  python-django-horizon              2012.2-1
all          Django module providing web interaction with OpenStack

root at horizon:~# dpkg-query -S /usr/bin/node
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/bin/node

I note that the build-script installs this manually so it exists on a
machine that the packages have been built on but not a minimal testing
machine.

-Tim