[Openstack-devel] Write access to the Sheepdog package

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Nov 30 18:33:35 UTC 2012

On 12/01/2012 02:05 AM, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 01:59:20AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi YunQiang,
>>
>> The folder in /git/openstack/sheepdog.git on Alioth is read-only for the
>> group scm_openstack. It makes no sense to have the package team
>> maintained if you don't give the write access to other team members.
>
> Although I'm fine with team maintenance I'd be nice to be asked if it's
> o.k. in the first place.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your reaction. I wasn't being
rude, was I? I thought this was a simple mistake.

In all logic, if there is no intent to have write access by the others,
then what is the point of having the package team maintained? Why not
simply storing it in your ~/public_git on Alioth?

> Sounds like the openstack team is a friendly
> place to be at.

I well hope so, and I warmly welcome you in the team! :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand